Download a PDF version of the Call for Papers.
In the last decade Big Data Analytics has become a major decision support factor in industry and government organisations. Visual Analytics is the enabling science for effective exploration of big data through meaningful visualisations and interactive user interfaces. Understanding the multidisciplinary nature, including user querying, powerful analytics, machine learning, visualisation, human-computer interaction, perception and cognition, is critical for Visual Analytics to be effectively deployed. BDVA’15 aims to bring together researchers from across the globe to address these important issues.
The symposium will be held at the beautiful Hobart harbour site of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) on 22-25th September 2015. BDVA'15 will host an exciting programme with internationally renowned keynote speakers, special sessions, and a day of complimentary hands-on workshops. BDVA'15 will be the first of its kind with the aims to
- together leading experts from all relevant scientific domains to advance the understanding of visual analytics of complex, big, and dynamic data;
- an exciting venue for researchers to network and establish national and international collaborations; and
- early career scientists with an inspiring event allowing them to connect to relevant experts in the field.
The scope of the symposium includes, but is not limited to:
- Visual Analytics of High-dimensional and Spatio-temporal Data
- Scientific and Information Visualisation
- Machine Learning and Data Mining for Big Data Visual Analytics
- Visual Representation and Interaction
- Perception and Cognition of Visual Information
- Analytical Reasoning and Sense-making on Big Data
- Context-driven User Querying
- Semantics-driven Visual Analytics
- Evaluation Methods for Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics Algorithms and Foundations
- High Performance Graphics for Visualisation
- Advanced Technologies and Applications for Visual Analytics
- Virtual and Augmented Reality for Visual Analytics
- Art and Science for Visual Analytics
- Big Data Management, Transformation, and Presentation
- Visual Analytics Processes and Workflows
- Simulation for Visual Analytics
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished papers of up to 8 pages according to the submission guidelines on the conference website. The conference proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore (pending final approval). It is a condition of publication that accepted papers are presented by one of the authors. Presenters of accepted papers must register before the camera ready deadline to avoid withdrawal from the conference proceedings and programme.