We are happy to announce that the BDVA’16 dinner will be held on a cruise in the beautiful Sydney harbour!
We are pleased to announce that NVIDIA is generously supporting BDVA with an NVIDIA Titan X graphics card for the Best Paper Award!
In the last decade Big Data Analytics has become a major decision support factor in industry and government organisations. Visual Analytics is the enabling science for effective exploration of big data through meaningful visualisations and interactive user interfaces. Understanding the multidisciplinary nature, including user querying, powerful analytics, machine learning, visualisation, human-computer interaction, perception and cognition, is critical for Visual Analytics to be effectively deployed.
The symposium will be held in Sydney, at CSIRO, North Ryde. BDVA ’16 will host an exciting programme with internationally renowned keynote speakers, special sessions, and a day of complimentary hands-on workshops. BDVA ’16 aims to:
- bring together leading experts from all relevant scientific domains to advance the understanding of visual analytics of complex, big, and dynamic data;
- provide an exciting venue for researchers to network and establish national and international collaborations;
- and provide early career scientists with an inspiring event allowing them to connect to relevant experts in the field.
The symposium will accept a range of manuscript types, including methods, systems, applications evaluation techniques and theoretical work in the area of Visual Analytics. The scientific scope of the symposium includes, but is not limited to:
- Visual Analytics of High-dimensional and Spatio-temporal Data
- Scientific and Information Visualisation
- Machine Learning and Data Mining for Big Data Visual Analytics
- Visual Representation and Interaction
- Perception and Cognition of Visual Information
- Analytical Reasoning and Sense-making on Big Data
- Context-driven User Querying and Semantics-driven Visual Analytics
- Evaluation Methods for Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics Algorithms and Foundations
- High Performance Graphics for Visualisation
- Advanced Technologies and Applications for Visual Analytics
- Virtual and Augmented Reality for Visual Analytics
- Art and Science for Visual Analytics
- Big Data Management, Transformation, and Presentation
- Visual Analytics Processes and Workflows
- Simulation for Visual Analytics
We hope to welcome you to Sydney to join us for BDVA ’16!
Proceedings published by IEEE: