Three workshops will be carried out at the BDVA 2016 this year:
- Immersive Analytics (half-a-day workshop),
- Visual Analytics for Relational and Multi-dimensional Data (half-a-day workshop),
- Workspace workshop (full-day workshop).
Immersive Analytics is a new research thrust that aims at immersing users in their data. Technologies such as Virtual and Augmented Reality have recently widely evolved, and provide now usable devices to visualise and interact with data in very natural ways, e.g. through 3D stereo vision and tracking. In this workshop, we focus on visual data presentation, and the challenges that Immersive Environments have to overcome to provide fluid user experience. A series of presenters in specific application fields and in wider research areas will show how research in Immersive Visual Analytics is breaking the desktop environment barrier and provide users with new interactive and visual experience.
Visual Analytics for Relational and Multi-dimensional Data
A visual analytics approach and the developed supporting technology could provide a comprehensive solution for analysing large and complex integrated data. This workshop introduces fundamentals, techniques and tools in visual analytics for handling relational and multi-dimensional data and their applications. We will provide the participants with opportunities to explore the novel research works in the visual analytics fields. Various applications will be also presented and discussed in the workshop.
Organizers are Tobias Czauderna and Maxime Cordeil from Monash University.
Workspace is a powerful software platform designed to address two specific user scenarios:
- Users who want to create and share scientific workflows in one coherent, easy to use environment where much of the “heavy lifting” has already been developed and proven over a number of years.
- Developers who want to make their software available as commercial products, plugins or components that can be freely mixed with capabilities from collaborators.
Workspace users can:
- Combine operations into workflows of arbitrary complexity. Use the built-in operations for tasks such as File I/O, Visualisation, Network access, etc.
- Write your own operations to provide your own custom functionality using the built-in code wizards and documentation.
- Execute workflows in interactive, batch or standalone application modes. Interact with and visualise workflow results while they are running.
- The Workspace framework makes it very easy to mix and match existing and new capabilities within an easy to use drag and drop environment.
Workspace is an ideal vehicle for enabling collaboration, users can:
- Share and reuse entire workflows.
- Share and reuse software capabilities via plug-ins.
- Seamlessly mix and match capabilities from any number of collaborators.
- Create custom user interfaces to make shared workflows and plug-ins even easier to use. Workspace plug-ins are cross platform and the build system used to compile them is the same on all supported platforms.
This one day workshop will provide you with the knowledge and experience you need to start building complex Workspace workflows and create your own Workspace operations. More info click here.
Proceedings published by IEEE: